Flexiti is one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech lenders. We aim to make our customers’ lives more affordable and help our retail partners grow their sales by offering flexible financing options. Through our award-winning omni-channel platform, customers can be approved instantly to shop with their FlexitiCard®, which they can use online or in-store to make multiple purchases, within their credit limit, without needing to reapply.
At Flexiti, we work hard, we love what we do, and we have some fun along the way! If you are looking for an energizing and innovative work environment with great people and big ideas, we’d love to have you join us!
To learn more about Flexiti, please visit www.flexiti.com
Director, Engineering (Low Code Platform):
Flexiti Financial is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to join its IT team and lead the emerging Low Code/No Code Engineering practice. Supporting the AVP of Software Engineering, the Director will oversee all the activities of this new software development group; ensuring all planned work is completed per Engineering patterns and practices; and both managing and guiding team members to attain best in class results.
This is a hybrid work opportunity.
What you will be doing:
- Establish a Center of Excellence for Low Code/No Code platform-based Software Engineering as the foundation for advocacy and expertise in unlocking the benefits of this technology for our business. Collaboratively Develop & Drive the associated Engineering roadmap, with embedded quality and speed to market, and create a group culture built on Agility, Creativity Innovation and Continuous Improvement.
- Guide, coach and mentor software development managers, team leads and engineers as necessary to retain and attract best talent to Flexiti.
- Help build best in class enterprise support patterns for this emerging Technology Stack.
- Prepare the life cycle for different initiatives inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, and testing along with delivery to the Business at large.
- Engage and collaborate with all IT functions and lead efforts to develop the integrated technical roadmap for all deliverables.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software using Low Code technology.
- Work closely with within Engineering and IT broadly throughout the organization to influence Software Development that advances the business.
- Develop and manage relationships with existing and prospective internal customers to interpret all individual requirements.
- Oversee the SDLC for planned work from beginning to end.
- Evaluate all work in progress, developing and updating relevant key performance indicators while part of overall Engineering initiatives.
- Collaborate effectively with all peers & team members as well as hold regular team meetings.
- Manage all relevant staff functions per HR standards in goal setting, review cycles and performance management.
Why you would love to work here:
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning, fast-growing company
- Our innovative culture promotes on-going learning opportunities with training and mentorship
- Competitive compensation package commensurate to experience plus benefits
- Comprehensive drug/medical/dental insurance, we pay your premiums!
- RRSP program with company match
- A new and vibrant office environment and remote working capability
- Extra-long weekends in the summer, paid volunteer day
What you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in Software Engineering.
- Hands-on technical leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and experience working through the challenges of a small and rapidly growing product or service company.
- Experience with Low Code Platforms an asset
- Ability to support each lifecycle phase with hands-on contribution and ownership.
- Experience leading and operating with Agility; advocating and developing Agile values and principles.
- Good understanding of Cloud Architecture is a must.
Flexiti embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.